Jennifer Anderson – RDN, Owner and Founder of JR Dietetics!
Hello! My name is Jennifer and I work primarily with the following specialties!
- Eating Disorders – Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating Disorder, over-exercise
- Chronic/Yo-Yo Dieting, Chaotic Eating
- 30 Days to Healthy Living Health Reset – a non-diet approach to addressing a broad range of health issues!
- Works with adults and children (13 and up with some exceptions)!
Some other random info about me – I’m a native Coloradan, a wife, mentor, world traveler, an adventurer, a fur-baby mamma to my cat Paphos (named after a city in Cyprus :-), and a woman of faith! In short, I LOVE what I do. Over the last twenty years, I’ve had the privilege of walking with thousands of clients as they journey from confusion, discouragement, exhaustion, and shame to the point of thriving from the inside out. I believe that everyone has the ability to experience full health and lifestyle transformation without sabotaging their relationship with food!
(For details on my credentials and all those details, see below!)
I truly believe that food is a gift – intended to nourish, bring people together, and enhance one’s life – but unfortunately, far too many people experience the opposite! During my first few years as an RD, I became increasingly aware that the health and weight loss journey often comes with much emotional baggage, as well as that dreaded yo-yo effect that can frequently lead to more bondage than freedom! What is initially intended to bring health and vitality, can often backfire, creating more health issues and stirring up more obsession with food and rules and even full-blown disordered eating! I knew there had to be a better way than simply counting calories and “white knuckling” a strict diet until that next vacation. It has been my passion ever since to help my clients discover this better way.
Ten years ago I was diagnosed with an auto-immune disease that meant a dramatic change in the way I had to see food. That said, I was also determined not to let that interfere with my relationship with food or rob me of the joys of eating! After all, food can only be medicine when it’s not our enemy! Since then, I’ve been increasingly passionate about helping my clients experience genuine food freedom, through intuitive eating principles, while still attaining meaningful health goals.
My style is warm, relaxed, and fun. Don’t be surprised if you find yourself laughing halfway through our session! I take a highly individualized approach, with many resources at my disposal (and always adding more!). Together we look at your unique goals, learning style, and preferences to find the best strategy for you. If we implement something that isn’t working, we’ll try something new until we get it right! I love watching my clients walk out of my cozy home office feeling like a massive burden has been lifted off their shoulders – that sense of overwhelm, shame, and/or confusion they often walk in with.
We Might Be a Good Fit If…
- You love the idea of “gentle nutrition” and are willing to look beyond mere weight management, on to the physical, behavioral, and emotional roots of your health struggles and goals.
- You are wrestling with an eating disorder or realizing your history of chronic dieting has set you up for destructive eating habits that have held you hostage.
- You are desiring a safe place to gain freedom, clarity, and balance while gradually working to transform your relationship with food, movement, and your body.
- You like the idea of a non-diet approach that also embraces the beauty of functional nutrition for comprehensive and holistic health when appropriate.
If this sounds like you, I would love to help you sort through the confusion in a compassionate and safe environment without judgments! The truth is, none of us have it all together! We are all on a journey to a better, healthier, more meaningful life and we all could use some support along the way!
Please reach out for to Book a Free Discovery Call to learn a bit more if you still are on the fence or have any questions at all! No matter what, please don’t give up on your goals for vibrant health and a healthy relationship with food!
Want a Deeper Dive into Lab Tests, Hormones, & Gut Health?
If you think I’m a good fit but like the idea of looking at the other services offered, no worries! I collaborate closely with my team and together we can offer GI Map Testing, Comprehensive Hormone Testing, Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis, and more!
Credentials & Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science and Human Nutrition from Colorado State University
- Graduate studies in Dietetics Administration at the University of Utah
- Certificate of Adult Weight Management through Commission on Dietetic Registration with a non-diet approach
- Registered Dietitian through the Commission on Dietetic Registration since 2001
- 20+ years of experience as a dietitian
- Designed and Implemented an Intensive Outpatient Program for Eating Disorders in Rotterdam, NL
- Worked as an RD at Substance Abuse and Addiction Treatment
- RD at Eating Recovery Center in Denver 2010-2012
- Founded JR Dietetics in 2012 in the Denver metro area with a vision to provide a holistic approach to health
Hair, Tissue & Mineral Analysis, and more!